Wednesday, September 3, 2008

They are growing!!

We recently received new measurements for the older two children. Elsie (Elizabeth), who is 7, was only 30.8 lbs. when she arrived at the orphanage in May. She is now 41.8 pounds and has grown one and a half inches!

Daniel, who is 5 and only weighed 22 lbs. when he arrived at the orphanage now weighs 30.8 pounds and has also grown one and a half inches! They are eating well, it would seem, and are certainly in a place of blessing while the world around them is starving from a severe famine. Please pray for them, that they will continue to grow, and for Ethiopia-- that God will pour out His grace and mercy on this severely afflicted nation.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Motte & Beth,
That is so exciting that they are growing and gaining weight so well. Praise the Lord! We continue to pray for you and with you!
Love,
The Williamson's

Leslie said...

Hi Beth, Thanks for inviting me to you blog; I love the picture on the top. Can't wait to read more. I'm adding it to my favorites.
Love,
Leslie

Shannon said...

Beth,
Thanks so much for inviting me to see your blog. It is great to be able to keep up with all of the news. I'll be thinking about you and praying for you. I look froward to all of your updates. What wonderful news about their weight and growth.
Love,
Shannon